Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bolivia, take 2

So after a bit of research and a bit more thinking, I've got a much better attitude toward Bolivia. I guess it was just a bit of initial jitters mixed with ignorance that was making me feel not so great at first. But I can honestly say that right now I feel great about it. For more on feeling great, click here

Bolivia has pretty much completely consumed my thoughts the past few days. While I haven't called to accept yet, it's simply because I wanted some time to read all the info they sent me to make sure there wasn't anything like "oh yeah and everyone who comes to bolivia has to donate their left pinky finger to the children without pinky fingers fund" that I would have to do when I get there. But all is well, I'm calling tomorrow. It's strange how negative I initially felt about it...maybe it was a little too real a little too quick. But now I've got my gmail running Bolivia links across the top, I check the weather in Cochabamba, and I wonder about what I need to start packing and how I am going to see everyone there is to see before I ship out. So far the only thing I've thought that I really need to get that I don't have yet is a leatherman tool. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Bolivia is the home to the largest dry tropical forest in the world. So I guess that means jungle. Sweet. I'll have to take my ecuadorian machete back to South America. This is going to be awesome.

The days are getting shorter in Bolivia...they are just finishing up summer. It's going to be 104 degrees Farenheit on Wednesday.

I think I'm in a healthy state of excitment, fear, nervousness, and am looking forward to the potential to do good. This is going to be amazing. And when you guys come to visit, it's going to be amazing.

Life is good boys, life is good. Bring on the Bolivia books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home